Isles MP Angus B MacNeil is highlighting the various helplines which are available to constituents during the Covid19 crisis.
Commenting Angus MacNeil said.
“I know that many people require assistance during this pandemic, particularly businesses, employees and the self-employed and help is available.
“The situation we are in is unprecedented and it is important that we all do our bit in supporting each other. The support available locally is heartening and once again shows island hospitality at its very best.
“I have included details of some of the helplines available. As always, I am happy to help in any way I can and constituents can contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01851 702272.”
Vulnerable people helpline:
Public facing helpline those at high risk (older, disabled, pregnant or receiving flu jab for health reasons) and do not have a support network at home. It will connect them to local services which can provide food and medicine as well as emotional support. Tel: 0800 111 4000
Other Sources of help for Individuals and families
- Comhairle nan Eilean Siar helpline Tel: 01851 600501
- For young people – https://young.scot/
- For parents – https://www.parentclub.scot/ and https://www.children1st.org.uk/help-for-families/parentline-scotland/
- For older people – https://www.ageuk.org.uk/scotland/ and Age Scotland free helplineTel:0800 12 44 222
- For pregnant women – www.nhsinform.scot/ ready-steady-baby or contact your midwife if concerned.
- For Social welfare or financial help -Citizens Advice Scotland: www.cas.org.uk Tel: 0800 028 1456
Help for Employees
- Employment rights advice – www.acas.org.uk, Helpline: 0300 123 1100, Relay UK: 18001 0300 123 1100
Help for Businesses
- Scottish businesses helpline-Tel: 0300 303 0660, operating Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. www.findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/
- For non-domestic rates business support – https://www.mygov.scot/non-domestic-rates-coronavirus/
- For business support – https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/coronavirus-advice
- Comhairle nan Eilean Siar Small Business Support Scheme https://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/coronavirus/coronavirus-business-support-fund/
- For Scottish Government information – https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
- For NHS Scotland information – https://www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
- For Resilience planning information – https://www.readyscotland.org/
- For information on charities and third sector – https://scvo.org.uk/support/coronavirus
Volunteering and helping in your community